Sarah Norris, ACIM
Food & Drink / FMCG Marketing Professional
An experienced food & drink marketing professional with a proven track record of success in both marketing and commercial strategy.
Marketing Manager @ Sheppy’s Cider
July 2017 to June 2019
Responsible for creating and running a brand new marketing function in order to bring a 200+ year-old brand to the national and international stage. Working directly alongside the company directors and the Head of Sales to create a new commercial strategy to combine and unite the sales & marketing strategies in to one cohesive, achievable and profitable 10 year business plan.
Key tasks include:
- Creating and running the first ever company marketing budget alongside an integrated sales & marketing campaign
- Involvement in all commercial meetings and responsible for creating reports crucial to maintaining the sales strategy financial targets
- Launching new products in to multiple retailers under tight time constraints and limited budget (see Career Highlight)
- Content creation and management for both B2B and B2C channels to further the brand in both domestic and international markets
- Managing successful relationships with major multiple retailers by building links with key influencers, including buyers, marketing heads, PR, category insight teams, etc.
- Creating competitor/category reports for both the company directors and sales team
- Providing marketing support to international export clients and furnishing them with appropriate materials to promote the brand in their domestic markets
- Trade show booking, management, set up, manning, break down and reporting
Marketing Manager (previously Assistant) @ Godminster
June 2016 to July 2017
Responsible for the day to day running of all marketing activities for the Godminster brand, including managing the Marketing Assistant and overseeing several external companies (CRM technical support, SEO agency, PPC agency, and PR agency). Worked closely with the Head of Sales & Marketing to deliver campaigns across all of Godminster channels (including export and multiples) as well as managing the budget and working to targets and KPIs alongside the sales team.
Key tasks included:
- Overseeing all branded output: social media, professional photography shoots, creating advertising artwork, writing competition copy, and all general content creation work
- Overseeing sponsorship opportunities, such as supplying product for high profile industry dinners, trade shows & networking events as well as awards and related PR
- Diploma in Digital Marketing – the Shaw Academy, 2015
- Professional Certificate in Marketing – the Chartered Institute of Marketing, 2013
- BA Hons English Literature & History of Art and Architecture – University of Reading, 2009